Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bible in 90 Days ~ Weeks 3-6

Since my last post on May 13th, week 2, I had finished Genesis and was beginning in the book of Exodus. After that post, I was still on track however, some family issues came up and my focus was taken away from my reading to handling a few family needs. Although I continued to read, my reading was intermittent and sporadic for the next two weeks. I finally was able to get back to focusing on reading and my challenge. Once I began getting on track again, it has been smooth sailing  (Woohoo!). 

Reading The Evidence Bible has truly been a joy to read. I know that after having to had put it down for a few weeks, it comforted (no pun intended) me to know that when I was able to get back to my challenge that it was going to start up where I left off.

TheEvidenceBible

And sure enough it was. I picked up where I left off and began to make up the days lost with ease. It seemed like no time at all that I finished the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and as of tonight, I am just over halfway through Deuteronomy. It’s not that I’m a speed reader (far from it) or some supersonic genius (far from that too), it is because of the way that Ray Comfort has put this Bible together! And I am not just reading God’s word, I am reading all of the inserted quotes, open air preaching segments and study notes!

ray_comfort_300 

Ray Comfort

I have been blessed in reading The Evidence Bible, and I am so thankful that my friend Robin suggested reading it. Thank you dear sister♥!

Well, until next week when I should be through Joshua and beginning the book of Judges.

May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. ~ Num. 6:24-26

Tammy♥

**Disclaimer** I did not receive The Evidence Bible free in exchange for reviewing it. I bought this Bible from a recommendation of a friend. When I decided to read the Bible in 90 days, I thought I’d use it instead of my everyday Bible.

3 comments:

  1. nice post...thanks for sharing...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,
    If you're interested in homeschooling, courtship, quiverfull issues, child-raising, politics, and spiritual inspiration (or if there are people in your homeschool support group who are), try a free, no obligation issue of SALT Magazine. If you haven't tried SALT yet, all we need is a name and mailing address to send you a free issue. Or, you can check out our website (saltmagazine.com) and sign up for a free issue online. We have been publishing SALT for over 12 years now and have given away thousands of no obligation (there will be no bill sent) magazines.
    Cindy and I have been homeschooling since 1991. We have 13 children and all have been homeschooled. Most of all, we are believers in Jesus Christ and you can check out our statement of faith on our website.
    - In the Vine, Jim & Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED
    http://nordykeacademy101.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-things-for-11th.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanksgiving Countdown

Christmas Countdown